We fell in love with Josie Browning and her adorkable ways when The Intern was released earlier this year. And to celebrate the release of the sequel Faking It, we’re doing a fun re-read of book one. We’d love you to join us!
Here’s a bit about the story:
Josie Browning dreams of having it all.
A stellar academic record, an amazing career in journalism – and for her current crush to realise she actually exists. The only problem? Josie can’t get through twenty-four hours without embarrassing her sister Kat or her best friend Angel, let alone herself.
Josie’s luck changes though when she lands an internship at the glossy fashion magazine Sash. A coveted columnist job is up for grabs, but Josie’s got some tough competition in the form of two other interns. Battle lines are drawn and Josie quickly learns that the magazine industry is far from easy, especially under the reign of powerful editor, Rae Swanson.
From the lows of coffee-fetching and working 10-hour days, to the highs of mingling with celebrities, scoring endless free beauty products (plus falling for her cousin’s seriously gorgeous flatmate James) this is one year Josie will never forget.
Totally fresh and funny, this debut novel from industry insider Gabrielle Tozer reveals just what is behind the seeming glamour and sparkle of the magazine industry.
Want to join in? Here’s how:
1. Sign up for the re-read by letting us know on social media – we are @HarperCollinsYA on Twitter and Instagram and can be found here on Facebook
2. Get yo’self a copy of THE INTERN.
3. Start reading from chapter one today, December 5th and aim to complete the book by Sunday, December 14
4. Share your progress with us! Post your thoughts, favorite quotes, lines, etc. with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (you can tag us on Twitter and Insta at @HarperCollinsYA)! Make sure to use the hashtag #BTCBookClub so we can see your progress!
5. WIN! Everyone that joins in the readalong will have the chance to win a signed copy of FAKING IT, the sequel . Winner will be announced on Monday December 15th
We hope to see you around the interwebz! Remember, a good book is always paired best with a delicious snack of some kind and a tasty beverage.