Welcome to the first ever meeting of the BTC Book Club!
With the release of Corruption in November, we’re getting ready for the feels by re-reading Disruption, the first book in Jessica Shirvington’s futuristic duology.
Disruption is one of our favourite books 0f 2014. Whether you’re re-reading it along with us or picking it up for the first time, you won’t regret diving into the action-packed, nail-biting world of Maggie Stevens.
Here’s a bit about the book:
What if a microchip could identify your perfect match? What if it could be used against you and the ones you love?
Eight years ago, Mercer Corporation’s M-Bands became mandatory. An evolution of the smartphone, the bracelets promised an easier life. Instead, they have come to control it.
Two years ago, Maggie Stevens watched helplessly as one of the people she loved most was taken from her, shattering her world as she knew it.
Now, Maggie is ready. And Quentin Mercer – heir to the M-Corp empire – has become key to Maggie’s plan. But as the pieces of her dangerous design fall into place, could Quentin’s involvement destroy everything she’s fought for?
In a world full of broken promises, the ones Maggie must keep could be the most heartbreaking.
Want to join in? Here’s how:
1. Sign up for the re-read by letting us know on social media – we are @HarperCollinsYA on Twitter and Instagram and can be found here on Facebook
2. Get yo’self a copy of DISRUPTION. (Available at all good bookstores AND FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, free on iBooks)
3. Start reading from chapter one today, September 19th and aim to complete the book by Sunday, September 28th
4. Share your progress with us! Post your thoughts, favorite quotes, lines, etc. with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (you can tag us on Twitter and Insta at @HarperCollinsYA)! Make sure to use the hashtag #BTCBookClub so we can see your progress!
On YouTube – post your readalong videos and share them with us on Twitter! Be sure to use “BTC Book Club Disruption Readalong” in your title or description of the videos so we can find them!
5. WIN! Everyone that joins in the readalong will have the chance to win a signed copy of the sequel Corruption (out in November). Winner will be announced on Monday September 29th
6. SAVE! For a limited time only, you can pre-order Corruption as an e-book for just $4.99.
We hope to see you around the interwebz! Remember, a good book is always paired best with a delicious snack of some kind and a tasty beverage.